If you're concerned that gambling is becoming more than a game for you, try using these guide-lines to moderate your play.
- Think of the money you lose as the cost of your entertainment. Consider any money you win a bonus.
- Set a dollar limit and stick to it.
- Set a time limit and stick to it. Leave when you reach your limit, whether you're winning or losing.
- Understand that you'll probably lose, and accept the loss as part of the game.
- Don't let gambling interfere with or become a substitute for family, friends, or work.
- Don't chase losses. Chances are you'll lose even more trying to recoup your losses.
- Don't use gambling as a way to cope with emotional or physical pain.
- Know the warning signs of problem gambling.